Energy Savings Performance Contracts
Energy Savings Performance Contracts
We are now offering a no-cost Demand Side Management audit for new commercial or industrial customers that can answer yes to the following four questions:
- Does your commercial or industrial facility use more than $100,000.00 of electricity and/or natural gas per month?
- Has your facility experienced increased energy expenses?
- Is your facility at least 5 years old and the facility has not completed any energy improvements in the past 5 years?
- Would you be willing to install our recommended energy improvements that we find from the Demand Side Management audit – wherein we would guarantee that the savings of the improvements would pay for them?
If you answered yes to the above 4 questions, and your facility’s energy expenses are over $100,000.00/month, call us today at: (832) 758 – 0027 to schedule your Demand Side Management audit!
Our renewable energy projects generate Renewable Energy Credit or Certified Emission Reduction credits, which provide an additional income stream from our projects.
Our renewable energy projects generate clean power and energy through our "Carbon Free Energy" and "Pollution Free Power" technologies. These technologies include power and energy produced from: Anaerobic Digesters, B100 Biodiesel, Biomass / Biomass Gasification, Biomethane, Geothermal, Hydrogen, Solar and Wind.
"The Trigeneration Experts" – the ONLY Company that Builds Integrated Cogeneration & Trigeneration Plants on a Single Skid with Effective System Efficiencies that Exceed 90%
Our "Turnkey" Integrated Cogeneration & Trigeneration Energy Systems are Available from 60 kW to over 10 MW with system efficiencies > 90% While Providing Practically-free Heating (and Cooling with Trigeneration) and generating power for commercial and industrial customers for as low as 4 cents/kW! We are the only company that builds, fabricates, packages (on a single skid) and "integrates" Cogeneration and Trigeneration power plants.
|Standard Cogeneration and Trigeneration Power Plants sizes in kW:|
|60 kW||200 kW||450 kW||750 kW|
|75 kW||250 kW||500 kW||800 kW|
|100 kW||300 kW||600 kW||850 kW|
|150 kW||400 kW||700 kW||900 kW|
|Standard Cogeneration and Trigeneration Power Plants sizes in MW:|
|1 MW||2 MW||3 MW||4 MW||5 MW|
We can package any combination of standard size plants to come up with your optimum size system. Our standard and customized Cogeneration and Trigeneration power plants use the leading brands of reciprocating engines or turbines and include our proprietary Waste Heat Recovery technologies that help us achieve system efficiencies greater than 90% and effective heat rates as low as 4050 btu’s/kW. We provide both standard and customized Cogeneration and Trigeneration plants that meet our customer’s most stringent economic and environmental requirements.
Our Cogeneration and Trigeneration Power Plants can run on renewable fuels for even greater environmental and economic savings! These fuels or energy sources include: Biomethane, B100 Biodiesel, Dimethyl-Ether and natural gas fuels as well as Solar energy in our Solar Trigeneration power plants. Efficiencies of our Cogeneration and Trigeneration power plants are now exceeding 90% with up to 95% lower emissions when using Biomethane and B100 Biodiesel fuel.
For pricing and delivery information on our Cogeneration or Trigeneration power plants, call (832) 758 – 0027 or send an email with your project’s requirements to: info@cogeneration .net
Our New "Integrated" Cogeneration and Trigeneration Plants have Very High Efficiencies & Low Fuel Costs. The Effective Heat Rate is Approximately 4050 btu/kW & System Efficiency is 92%
Pictures of the Newest 900 kW Cogeneration Plant Presently Being Built for New Customer Features (2) Guascor Natural Gas Engines @ 450 kW each on one Skid for a Total of 900 kW
Our onsite trigeneration power and energy system can be an ideal solution for customers wanting increased power reliability and decreased energy and environmental costs. A few of the types of buildings and businesses that would benefit from an onsite trigeneration plant include the following:
- Colleges & Universities
- Data Centers & Server Farms
- Food Processing Plants
- Golf/Country Clubs
- Government Buildings and Facilities
- Manufacturing Plants
- Nursing Homes
- Office Buildings
- Radio Stations
- Refrigerated Warehouses
- Shopping centers
- Television Stations
For pricing and delivery information on our Cogeneration or Trigeneration power plants, call (832) 758 – 0027 or send an email with your goals, objectives and requirements to: info@cogeneration .net
Our Centrifugal Chiller HVAC Plant Will Lower your Heating and Air-Conditioning Costs By At Least 50% to as much as 75% (for Commercial/Industrial Clients only that have a minimum of 60 Tons A/C).
EcoGeneration Solutions, LLC. is an "energy service company" and offers qualified customers the opportunity to enter into an Energy Performance Contract with us. We provide turnkey energy management design and project development solutions that provide our customers with energy savings through increased efficiencies and decreased power and energy costs. We provide Demand Side Management design and project development solutions that may provide a return on investment in less than 12 months.
We provide energy-saving technologies to our commercial, municipal, industrial and utility clients that include; Absorption Chillers, Adsorption Chillers, Automated Demand Response, Cogeneration, Demand Response Programs, Demand Side Management, Energy Master Planning, Engine Driven Chillers, Trigeneration and Energy Conservation Measures.
Unlike most companies, we are equipment supplier/vendor neutral. This means we help our clients select the best equipment for their specific application. This approach provides our customers with superior performance, decreased operating expenses and increased return on investment.
Our company provides turn-key project solutions that include all or part of the following:
- Engineering and Economic Feasibility Studies
- Project Design, Engineering & Permitting
- Project Construction
- Project Funding & Financing Options
- Shared/Guaranteed Savings program with no capital requirements
- Project Commissioning
- Operations & Maintenance
Energy Savings Performance Contracting
Under Energy Savings Performance contracts, private sector energy service companies finance, install and maintain new energy efficient equipment in federal facilities at no up-front cost to the government. The energy service company is paid back over time from the dollars saved by the agency on its energy and maintenance bills. The savings are contractually guaranteed to exceed payments, so the savings are guaranteed to be available to repay the financing.
- Original ESPC legislation was passed by Congress in 1986 and 1992 – however, implementation did not begin until 1995 with promulgation of DOE’s program regulations.
- In 1998, the procurement process was streamlined to make Federal ESPC easier and more practical, and for the first time many agencies began to embrace ESPCs to meet their energy use reduction goals.
- ESPCs account for 12 percent of energy use reductions in standard buildings for all agencies since 1985, but about 33 percent over the last four years (FY 1999 to 2003), and DOD estimates that over half of their reductions are attributable to ESPC in recent years.
- In October 2003 ESPC authority lapsed, just as the program was verging on full implementation throughout the government.
- On October 28, 2004 ESPC authority was extended until October 2006 when the Defense Authorization Act of 2005 was signed into law.
- Investment and Savings
- $1.7 billion in private sector investment for energy efficiency projects have been made at federal government facilities (FY1998 onward).
- These projects save 13.6 trillion Btu’s annually = energy consumed by 132,200 households or a city of a half million.
- These projects will save the government $4.7 Billion in energy costs ($3.2 Billion goes to pay off project investment).
- Net savings to the government is $1.5 Billion
- 18 different Federal agencies and departments have implemented ESPC projects in 46 states.
- Defense Department has the lion’s share (60% of the projects and 70% of the investment dollars).
- Over 260 federal EPSC projects, altogether worth $1.3 billion, were started in FY2000 – FY2003.
- No ESPC projects were begun in 2004 due to lapse in authority.
What is an Energy Performance Contract?
An Energy Service Company (ESCO) is a business that provides energy management services to an energy user. Services provided by an ESCO may be contracted through an Energy Services Agreement or through specific energy management solutions identified by the ESCO that provides the best return on investment for the customer.
What is Energy Performance Contracting?
Here’s how it works:
You enter into an agreement with a private energy service company (ESCO). The ESCO will identify and evaluate energy-saving opportunities and then recommend a package of improvements to be paid for through savings. The ESCO will guarantee that savings meet or exceed annual payments to cover all project costs—usually over a contract term of seven to 10 years. If savings don’t materialize, the ESCO pays the difference, not you. To ensure savings, the ESCO offers staff training and long-term maintenance services.
Many types of building improvements can be funded through your existing budgets— new lighting technologies, boilers and chillers, energy management controls and swimming pool covers, to name a few.
- A qualified ESCO can help you put the pieces together:
- Identify and evaluate energy-saving opportunities;
- Develop engineering designs and specifications;
- Manage the project from design to installation to monitoring;
- Arrange for financing;
- Train your staff and provide ongoing maintenance services; and
- Guarantee that savings will cover all project costs.
The Many Benefits of Energy Performance Contracting:
- Better Buildings
- By updating or replacing equipment that is old and obsolete with newer, more efficient technologies, you will have higher-quality systems, fewer breakdowns and reduced maintenance. When building occupants experience improved lighting, better air quality and more comfortable room temperatures, they are likely to be happier and more productive.
- A Wise Investment
- Energy performance contracting allows you to divert funds that would be spent on energy bills into investments in your buildings. For governments, this means limited budgets can stretch further, putting taxpayers’ money where it really counts. For all building owners, more modern, efficient energy systems can increase your property value and improve marketability of your buildings.
- Improvements Without Sacrifice
- Energy performance contracting allows you to tackle energy efficiency projects now even if no funds are available. This means you can still afford improvements when faced with budget cuts or competing priorities. And, with energy performance contracting, you can take a comprehensive approach that will optimize your benefits.
- Cost Savings
- New systems and equipment can lower your energy costs. Many building owners see energy savings of 15 to 35 percent and also reduce their long-term maintenance costs. You keep all the savings once the equipment is paid off, plus any excess savings during the contract term.
- Proven Technology and Expertise
- Since the late 1970s, performance contracting has become a widely accepted and reliable way to make energy improvements. Today’s ESCOs use industry-standard practices and proven energy-saving technologies and have excellent track records for satisfying their customers. ESCOs have a financial incentive to make sure savings are achieved throughout the contract term.
- One-Stop Shopping
- Performance contracting offers a streamlined approach to making facility improvements because, with a single contract, you can tackle multiple energy-efficient projects throughout your facility, rather than doing one project at a time. Your ESCO can provide a full range of services and continue working with you once the projects are complete to ensure that you get optimal long-term energy performance.
How do I find those energy savings?
By working in partnership with a professional energy service company (ESCO), you can tap its expertise to determine what building improvements make the most sense for improved comfort, easier maintenance and your budget. An ESCO’s recommendations might include replacing lighting equipment, modifying or replacing boilers and chillers, installing modern energy management control systems, replacing motors or even installing pool covers or more efficient kitchen equipment.
Can’t I do this myself?
Sure, if you have the time, money and expertise. But an ESCO can work with you to put together a complete package of services that meets your needs and saves you time and money. An ESCO can identify and evaluate energy-saving opportunities, provide engineering services, order and install equipment, and manage all phases of construction. To complete the package, the ESCO can guarantee the savings and even arrange financing.
How risky is this for me?
ESCOs typically work under a performance guarantee that shifts the risk to the ESCO. Your guaranteed energy savings pay for the upgrades, so you have no up-front costs. If energy savings don’t materialize, the ESCO pays the difference, not you.